Monday, January 12, 2009

Long Weekend!

Good Morning everyone!! I hope you all had a good weekend, I know that I did. What did I do you ask? Nothing really, I finished another quilt that had been languishing in my pile!! What a great accomplishment, this was not fun but the results are worth it.

There are twelve blocks in this quilt, each block consists of 25 3 1/2" squares. Now some of these 3 1/2" squares are made up of a HST(half square triangle) and 2 QST (quarter square triangles). Then there are squares that are made up of 4 QSTs. 47 pieces in one block. The back of the quilt is really more impressive than the front, Yikes. Let's just say the pressing of this baby was interesting and the pattern will be filed away for a very, very, very long time!

As of last night we have 22 lambs here on the farm, however sadly this morning we found a lamb that died in the middle of the field so that brings the number down to 21. FarmerBoy and I were out last night until 2am taking care of a ewe that was having difficulty. I am so bone tired this morning that I can hardly see straight.

My package hasn't arrived with my backing fabrics yet. Hopefully this week I will receive delivery and can get some of the quilts quilted. I have 4 quilts hanging on hangers as you can see and they are all ready for quilting. On to my next project, a UFO from the stack. Although I think I am going to add a new BOM to my "to do" list.

I am a big fan of Anne Sutton, the very creative lady of Bunny Hill Designs, and she is offering a BOM for FREE over on her blog!!!! I have two of her projects, both BOM's in my pile that are half finished, and that are so adorable that I am really committed to getting them done this year. So if you enjoy doing Applique and would like a fabulous FREE project then pop on over to Bunny Tales and see what Anne is up to. Have a great start to the week and keep smiling!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Micki said...

I am going to do that BOM. It looks like it will be fun, and I love applique. Are you doing it?
Thanks for visiting today...I am enjoying my new machine, and I will be having lots of fun with it.
Micki

Quilter Going Bananas said...

I'm working on the Bunny Tales BOM today, I pulled fabrics for it yesterday. It's going to be a pretty quilt I think. Can't wait to see some of the finished blocks in blogland. Have you checked out Ellie's free BOM? I also love that one!