Monday, June 13, 2011

Where Have You Been....

Well, I don't know about you but time sure does fly when you're having fun or working your fingers to the bone, which ever comes first. I have been long absent from this blog and for several good reasons. First, I opened up a quilt shop for reasons still unknown to me. Second, my three very busy children - the oldest of whom is now 6'2" tall and still growing. And thirdly, life has been very difficult in this house the past two years there have been many ups and downs, triumphs and sadly a few tragedies (pets), but mostly just plain hard work, blogging about fun and happy things was going to be trying to say the least. But thankfully life is on a more even keel and we are all healthy and life is looking good so onward and upward.

The shop is going well (touch wood) and we are building a shop/classroom on our farm so that I can continue to grow the business. The top photo is of our stall at the Knit and Stitch show in Dublin last October. We will be there again this year but in a much better location!


This picture was taken last year at Six Flags Amusement Park in Massachusetts when we went home for a two week holiday. We landed in New York during the first week of July, the hottest heat wave of the summer, and it didn't let up for the entire two weeks we were there. Thank God their grandparents have a swimming pool or we would have been back in Ireland right quick!

I have started a blog for my shop and hope that you will stop on by over there, not sure when i will be back over here!

www.kilboraquiltshop.blogspot.com

all the best and thank you for all the emails!

Hugs and Kisses!
Anne Marie

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi there Anne Marie.... been wondering where you've been. I did get a chance to pop over to your quilt shop blog and have become a "FOLLOWER"

Nancy said...

I really like your blog - and the fact that you are in Ireland. I have family in County Tyrone. I am having a little trouble posting on some blogs but wonder if you would consider adding the gadget to subscribe my email?

Sarah in Ireland said...

Hi Anne Marie, I found your blog whilst searching for fabric shop in Ireland. Our family also live in Co. Wexford; such a small world!

Micki said...

Hi Anne Marie! I used to have the Blog Irish Muses. We moved to the Dingle Peninsula, and luckily, there is a quilt shop named The Sewing Shed. Glad to see your shop is doing well.

Micki